Cory Aquino Died Legacy | Prayer for a Happy Death

The Philippines mourns over the loss of Former President Corazon Cojuangco Aquino. Cory Aquino has passed away 3:18am, 1 August 2009. Cory was 76 (January 25, 1933 – August 01, 2009). The widow of the former leader of the opposition Senator Ninoy Aquino who was assassinated in 1983, the mother of Kris Aquino and Senator Benigno Aquino III is dead and gone. It was complication of her cancer of the colon.

Mrs. Aquino has been battling with colon cancer early in 2008 and has been confined at the Makati Medical Center for more than a month.


Aside from Noynoy and Kris, Cory and Ninoy has three more daughters: Maria Elena Aquino-Cruz (Ate Ballsy), Aurora Corazon Aquino-Abellada (Pinky), Victoria Eliza Aquino-Dee (Viel).

I remember her quoted this:
When you go to heaven, St. Peter won't ask you what's your grade in math. What matters is how you lived, how good a person were you during your stay (on earth).

Cory asks for positivity, strength and endurance as she prepares herself for this ordeal as she wrote this prayer...

Prayer for a Happy Death
by : Maria Corazon "Cory" Aquino
Almighty God, most merciful Father
You alone know the time
You alone know the hour
You alone know the moment
When I shall breathe my last.

So, remind me each day,
most loving Father
To be the best that I can be.
To be humble, to be kind,
To be patient, to be true.
To embrace what is good,
To reject what is evil,
To adore only You.

When the final moment does come
Let not my loved ones grieve for long.
Let them comfort each other
And let them know
how much happiness
They brought into my life.
Let them pray for me,
As I will continue to pray for them,
Hoping that they will always pray
for each other.

Let them know that they made possible
Whatever good I offered to our world.
And let them realize that our separation
Is just for a short while
As we prepare for our reunion in eternity.
Our Father in heaven,
You alone are my hope.
You alone are my salvation.
Thank you for your unconditional love, Amen.




The uprising she led in 1986 ended the repressive 20-year regime of Ferdinand Marcos and inspired nonviolent protests around the world.

People power is her advocacy for the empowerment of the people.
President Cory deserves a funeral fit for a queen. Condolence to the family she left. Thanks for bringing back the democracy in the Philippines.



Related Stories Widget by LinkWithin

0 PEOPLE COMMENTED:

Post a Comment



Do you like my post on your e-mail?
Please enter your email address to subscribe