its a stunner. I wanna go to Dubai !!!
Dubai still doesn't stop. After their massive infrastracture works: the 7-star hotel; and man-made islands, they are building world's longest arched bridge.
The project, the biggest ever single road project launched by the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority, also includes 12 kilometres of new roads and 22 intersections. And oh, it will also provide access to a new island in the creek, which the local developer plans to build an opera house on.
- It's one mile long and 670 feet tall.
- It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
- It will cost 34 BILLION Philippine pesos. (without corruption, of course!)
- The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
- A metro line will run across the middle.
- Construction begins in March, with a slated completion date of 2012.
More information here.
3 days ago